About Me and My Blog

My photo
Hi Welcome to my blog! With so many people I wanted to share my travels with I thought this would be a perfect way. If in reading this blog you would like to share it with others, please do so. I am dental hygenist during the day and traveler when ever I can. I enjoy going to a different place and experience when ever I have a vacation break from work. I love to take pictures wherever I go and I have been to many places both here and abroad over the last 3 years. My big adventure for my birthday was to Yellowstone,Grand Tetons and Jackson Wyoming. I met a friend there who is on his own adventure. We camped and hiked in the park and some back country overnights. This was my first time with the backpacking overnights but my friend was a perfect teacher with his experience and patience. A little bit more about me....I am 54 and have raised my children thru college.I have recently moved back to my hometown of Winter Park Florida and am regaining many of my fond memories as well as making new ones! I hope to share my experiences and adventures with others in hopes to encourage us to go out there and see some stuff!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Packing complete!





So here is the stuff that has to go in my backpack to get to Jackson. ummmm how will it all fit? remember that my sleeping bag and tent are already in the pack. Most of the clothing is "layer" clothes. due to unknown weather extremes, it is always best to have more cold weather clothes than not enough. You can always take it off!!!! So I have 4 pair of pants, all dry quickly, one pair long that unzipp to shorts. (this of course is the lastest style craze),3 pairs of shorts for those warm 70 degree afternoon hikes,and 8 shirts all interchangeable and range from no sleeve to longsleeve sunblock.
Now here is a fashion note. How do I get some color and change into my otherwise blah wardrobe?? Bandanas of course! they serve many purposes from head bands to flags. The bright colors can be fun accessories but can serve for emergency heat,flag or even face cover. There is actually a book that has more things but I will have to share that with you later.
The backpack will go into a duffle to fly due to the many straps and such. I will be able to put the sleep mat and shoes in there too. with one carry on and a day pack I will be light in my travel.

No comments: